Monday

No need for debate

This is an actual email I received.

Dear Mrs/Ms. Price,
I am a 17 year old who loves his country and respects the fact that you are voicing your opinion. However, what did liberals do that was so offensive to the Republican party? I'll tell you what they did. Liberals got women the right to vote. Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote. Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty. Liberals ended segregation. Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act. Liberals created Medicare. Liberals passed the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act. What did conservatives do? They opposed them on every one of those things ­ every one. So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, 'Liberal,' as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won't work. Because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor. Mrs./Ms. Price, your remarks about liberals, minorities, gays, and others who you consider to be ungodly are appalling. From what my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ told me, he loves all of mankind. You may say that things like gay marriage should be condemned and gays are an abomination to the Bible. Though I agree with the Bible, it also says that if you wear two different kinds of threads you can be burned in a family gathering or your father can sell you into slavery as it states in Exodus 21:7. Mrs./Ms. Price, as much as I love the Bible and my God, what you are saying is exactly the opposite of what Jesus told us to do even though you state that you speak for the "silent majority" (white, conservative, straight, Christians). Nothing is Christian about what you say, but I forgive you for that and I hope and pray that you become a little more respectful towards the people who make up our great nation. Lastly, I ask that you reply to this e-mail because only a spineless individual who realizes how wrong they are would not reply. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Michael Mercado-
Young Democrat who loves his country
I had to reply since I do, in fact have a spine:

Dear Michael,

I'm a fan of The West Wing too!

Love,
Carol Lynn Price

2 Comments:

Blogger shrodingers cat said...

What a crazy email. Our schools have done a bang-up job indoctrinating these little twerps with this liberal agenda crap. Sadly it will take years and esposure to the real world (taxes, losing jobs and scholarships to quotas and af. action, etc) to reverse the damage done to millions of young Americans.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank god my generation is...whats the word I am looking for? oh yeah sane. Right there with you Michael. unapologetic liberal.

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home